Wednesday 18 July 2012

Sorrow

My eyes frantically search the darkness of the alley but find only shadows. They stretch around me, enclosing me in black, choking me of light. I gasp as the shadowy tentacles claw at my throat, but the sound is alien in the empty alley. Nothing but the cold silence greets my presence. Tears prick the corners of my eyes as I gently brush my fingertips along the rough stone walls, hoping for some guidance towards the cool blue light of the moon, away from the hollow blackness that encircles me. But all I find is a sharp pain as I stumble and collide with the crumbling wall of a dead end. All I wish to do is curl up like a leaf in summer and cry till my body dries out, grieve till my mind goes numb, yet I know I can't give in to the pain.

Why is it always so easy to give up?

No comments:

Post a Comment